MakandMama

MakandMama

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Discovering Pinterest

So I was hoping not to get sucked into the world of Pinterest. So far the obsession hasn't gotten too out of control. Pinterest is the Mecca of kid crafts. It was recommended to me by a fellow mommy and I've found lots of great ideas! Doing crafts with a 1 yr old is interesting.  Their attention span is about 5 minutes so there's no way she's ready to do actual crafts, but I can tell she gets bored with regular play.  Here are the crafts we have tried that she loved.  We made jello playdough. This is a work in progress, but smells amazing!  I want to make lots more in different colors and smells  and watch her go for it.  Righ now she just tries to eat it, it smells like grape.  I  don't blame her.  I also found recipes for gingerbread playdough and peanutbutter playdough.  Yeah, that's next. ;) I also took a ziploc bag and filled it with different colors of finger paint. I taped this to the table under her food tray. This is awesome! It's squishy and fun with no mess and she can play with it for days.  It makes after meal clean up so much easier too because it entertains her while I clean the mess.  Next I've taken empty water bottles and one I filled with pieces of pipe cleaners and hot glued the cap on.  She loves it! When she gets bigger, she can run a magnet over it and watch the pieces cling to it.  Another bottle I filled with dried lentils and beans, colorful stuff.  She likes to shake it.  I'm going to do another with some different colored pastas and stuff.  Always hot glue the cap on so we don't have choking issues.  I love these ones because it's a cheap toy that will amuse for hours.  I also found one about how to refinish one of those plastic picnic tables for kids.  I'm hoping to pick one up that I found next week for $10.  Super cute crafty ideas on  pinterest.  There's something for everyone.  A huge time suck though.  Super glad right now that I don't have an Ipad, but might need to request one for Christmas.  Facetime with the grandparents in Florida is always a necessary with a little baby.  Course  she's a toddler now.  How did this happen?  I missed so much while I was too  busy trying to control the direction of my life.  I'm gonna shut up and play now.  It's amazing how facinating watching her learn and play is.  She discovers something new about something so ordinary every day. It's a constant eye opener and I love seeing the world  through her eyes.  It makes it much more beautiful and enjoyable to see the world through the eyes of a child. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment