MakandMama

MakandMama

Sunday, September 2, 2012

married moms vs. single moms

One thing I noticed during my single girl years was that more often then not, single women  are viewed differently by married women.  Like we are some sort of preditory creature that is trying to steal their man.  It bothered me, but I usually just let it roll.  After all, that's not my style, to steal another woman's man.  Now that I'm a single mom I'm a lot more sensitive to it.  Of course it's certainly not as realistic that a single mom would steal away a man from his family.  At least I wouldn't see it as a threat as much as a single woman would be.  Maybe that's just because I know what being a single mom is like.  I have zero time for myself let alone trying to find time to date and get to know someone...I have no time to even THINK about meeting someone.  I'd open up an online account if I  thought I would even have the time for a phone conversation or emails, but the reality is there.  It doesn't exist.  Every day I see these women complain about their husbands.  They do something nice for them and they still complain.  I once heard this woman complain that her husband bought her chocolate and she was mad because she was on a diet. I wanted to hit her over the head.  Often women complain their husbands work too much...probably to provide them the lifestyle that they have grown accustom too.  How about you do with less and then you can have your husband around more?  And when your husband goes away on a business trip? news flash! You are not a "single parent for the weekend."  Just because you suddenly have to do everything yourself for a few days doesn't even sort of put you in the single parent category.  I could go on all day.  The bottom line, if you have a good man, value him more.  The really good men are very hard to find.  If your man really is useless than why would I want him anyway?  Woman are not the enemy here and yet we treat eachother as if we are.  Now, if you are truly stupid enough to let one of the good ones get away, well then I have no sympathy for you....and that's another blog post.

1 comment:

  1. Married Mom here and taking notes. :) Thanks Kris, sometimes we do need reminders.

    ReplyDelete