MakandMama

MakandMama

Friday, July 6, 2012

True Happiness Lies Within

* This was written months ago and saved in drafts...I should have listened harder to myself back then.

I use to look to others for my happiness.  I guess I felt the responsiblity didn't reside in myself.  Perhaps it has to do with being chronically disappointed by my father my whole childhood.  Throughout life I continued to find men that always disappointed me.  I thought that maybe I didn't deserve better, didn't deserve happiness.  I've begun to realize that the choices I made, the people I surrounded myself with, were all factors in my happiness level.  That ultimately it was up to me.  A good manta to live by is, "is it better to be right or to be happy?" I chose happy and I haven't looked back since.  Since having Mak, my life has been complete bliss.  Turned upside down but bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment