MakandMama

MakandMama

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dressing Room Mirrors

So here's the deal.  I had a baby 7 months ago.  I've lost all my baby weight and then some.  I'm falling out of my Pre-baby swimsuits and my maternity one is falling off.  I'm going away on vacation...I need a new swimsuit...no one likes buying swimsuits.  So I'm trying them all on and what exactly is up with dressing room mirrors...or dressing rooms in general.  The lighting is too bright and the mirrors are like something from a clown house, I mean really.  Nothing and I mean nothing you try on in a dressing room ever looks half as good as it does in the real world.  It's like some sick black hole these dressing rooms.  So I find one that I can live with and vow to buy a better one this summer.  So I get home where the lighting is more dim and my mirror is just a simple basic mirror and the bathing suit looks AWESOME!  I just don't get it.  Is it your mentality...the "I hate buying swimsuits" so you psych yourself out?  I'm not sure, but I notice this about a lot of things I try on in those places.  It's almost like after you buy the clothes they suddenly morph into the perfect fit!  They hang just right, hug the curves in just the right spot.  Show not too much, but just enough.  You'd think that being a ladies dressing room they would pull out all the stops to make you want to buy a gazillion dollars worth of merchandise.  I mean HELLO! dim the lights, get a girl in THE MOOD to want to look good in what she's wearing.  Am I really the only person that feels this way?

1 comment:

  1. I am SO with you on this! I think it HAS to be the lighting. I find the same thing with hotel mirrors. The lighting in the bathrooms is always SO harsh and I look haggard and wrinkly and tired and all pudgy. I will take my home mirror anytime over those mirrors. It is really strange that they don't work more on making the whole experience appealing because then you would be more inclined to actually buy stuff. Craziness! Here's to home mirrors~

    ReplyDelete