MakandMama

MakandMama

Monday, February 6, 2012

Finding ME thyme

So the other day I had a bit of a meltdown.  Mak had been up screaming inconsolably all night long due to teething and I was a nervous wreck hanging by a thread.  I was exhausted, I had spit up in my hair and I had just come to the realization that I'd be single forever.  What guy in their right mind would want this?  The night before I felt like texting her father to tell him how much I hated him at around 3am.  What good would come of that?  He's not in the picture, not even a little.  I can't make him be the kind of father he needs to be and maybe even wants to be.  But this isn't about me, or him, it's about Mak.  It's about what she needs right now.  Right now she needs a happy mama.  My sister came over and helped me do something for me and that felt amazing.  Sometimes you just need to remember to take a bit of a time out for you, the rest can wait.  As overwhelming as it is...all the time...being a single working mom.  Chores to do, errands to run, playtime with Mak, it never ends and there never seems to be time for me.  I need to make the time and that's hard to do.  I'm trying though.  Everyone asks me how I do it, how I manage to do it all.  Honestly I'm still trying to figure that out.  All I know is that it gets done, eventually.  There isn't much time for me, but thankfully I'm low maintenance.  Just finding a half hour to read a couple chapters on my Kindle and I'm a new woman.  Even starting this blog, something I've wanted to do for years, is huge progress on the way to me time.  I've noticed that the more time I set aside for myself, no matter how small, I seem to have more motivation to accomplish some of the other stuff.  It's almost as if I'm creating thyme.

1 comment:

  1. Before we became mama's, we had "me" time all the time, anytime we wanted it. Now that we have babies, it's all about them, putting their needs before our own needs and desires. And you know what? It's tough! It's a mind game to overnight become unselfish! I'm glad you are blogging. It's something for YOU. Welcome to Mommy Blogging.

    ReplyDelete