MakandMama

MakandMama

Thursday, February 16, 2012

green clovers

So where I work we like to decorate for the holidays.  Well we just pulled down all those nasty, disgusting red and pink heart things and just hung up these beautiful and vibrant green clovers for St. Patrick's Day.  There's something about the hearts that repulses me, but these clovers make me want to go skipping through a field of poppies.  Maybe it's what the color green represents, maybe it's because it's like a preview of spring.  Maybe it's because I'm starting to feel lucky, like my life is about to change for the better.  I don't know.  Just seeing them puts a twinkle in my eye and warmth in my heart.  I love spring, almost as much as I love fall.  I can't wait to get outside and get my hands dirty and to see all the wonders of spring pop up.  On the other hand I feel like we haven't even really had winter yet.  I really really hope this doesn't mean it will rain all summer.  =(  Maybe my good mood shift has something to do with the fact that Mak crawled for the first time yesterday.  All I know is that I've been in a dark, emotional hole the last few days and it feels damn good to feel alive again.

No comments:

Post a Comment